What makes successful entrepreneurs tick? How do they get started? And what can we learn from them?
Having interviewed hundreds of the world’s most successful entrepreneurs, including Peter Jones, Simon Cowell and Judy Craymer, the inspiration behind the musicals Mamma Mia, Rachel has gained a real insight into what makes them tick and is the ideal person to talk about the common traits they share and what can be learned from them.
She now has her own consultancy providing speeches and workshops and facilitating roundtable discussions, panel sessions and networking events for and about entrepreneurs and small businesses. These events can be adapted for clients’ requirements but as a guide can include:
1. A keynote speech about entrepreneurs and small businesses – Popular topics have included; how to become a successful entrepreneur; are entrepreneurs born or made; how to grow a business without spending any money; how to add sparkle to your business.
2. Moderator, facilitator and host - Rachel is an experienced moderator and facilitator of conferences, roundtable discussions and panel sessions, using her knowledge of business to guide proceedings in an informed and effective way. She also hosts awards ceremonies.
3. Entrepreneur workshop – provides practical advice and guidance to small firm owners about how to be more entrepreneurial and how to grow their businesses by making the most of opportunities around them.
4. Media workshop for small businesses – explains how the media works and how to get your small firm written about in the press.
5. Networking event – a short speech followed by a question and answer session, preceded and followed by informal conversation over drinks and canapés.
6. Theatre show – a 45-minute high energy show about entrepreneurs which is both entertaining and informative. The show is based on Rachel’s one-woman show, How to Make a Million before Lunch, which she took to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in 2010, where it played to sell-out audiences.
7. Corporate motivational session – Using real life examples and practical results-driven steps, Rachel will show how to make your business more entrepreneurial and so how to create a working environment in which ideas and employees can flourish and drive real bottom line growth for your business.
“Thank you Rachel for your wonderful talk.” – Sage
“A personal note of thanks for your efforts on our behalf. Super job! I’m delighted with how the event went and a huge part of that is down to you – immensely grateful.” – George Derbyshire, chief executive of the National Federation of Enterprise Agencies
“A special ‘thank you’ to Rachel for a brilliant speech.” – Regina Wong, Business and Broadband Strategic Insight director, Telefonica O2
“I really like your practical straightforward approach. You are an inspiration.” Chris Watt, small business owner and workshop attendee
“Many thanks for your experience, energy and inspiration.” Neil Howlett, President of Frome District Chamber of Commerce
To enquire about booking Rachel for your next event please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous events have included:
Association of British Credit Unions annual conference 2012
Sage theatre at Accountex exhibition 2012
Avanta small business roundtable event 2012
Nectar Small Business Awards roundtable event 2012
National Enterprise Network 2012
British Embassy in Paris International Women’s Day event 2012
Discuss and Do Festival, Frome 2012
Vision Bristol conference 2011
Sheffield MADE Entrepreneur Festival 2010 and 2011
Entrepreneurs Organisation networking event 2011
O2 Business Breakfast 2011
National Calendar Awards 2010
Tutor2u Entrepreneur Live conference 2010, 2011 and 2012
Enterprise Nation annual conference 2010
Women in Rural Enterprise annual conference 2012
East of England Development Agency Destination Growth conference
University of Surrey UniSdirect breakfast seminar
Derbyshire Chamber of Commerce conference
Entrepreneurs Forum annual conference